1. There are 4 boxes coloured red, yellow, green and blue. If 2 boxes are selected, how many combinations are there for at least one green box or one red box to be selected?
2. A, B, C and D go for a picnic. When A stands on a weighing machine, B also climbs on, and the weight shown was 132 kg. When B stands, C also climbs on, and the machine shows 130 kg. Similarly the weight of C and D is found as 102 kg and that of B and D is 116 kg. What is Ds weight
3. A two digit number is 18 less than the sum of the squares of its digits. How many such numbers are there?
4.Series-36, 150, 392, ...?
5. 18 men earn 360 in 5 days, how many earn 15 men in 9 days?
6. In what time will rs.1000 become rs.1331 at 10% per annum compounded annually?
7. A fruit seller had some apples, he sells 40% & still has 420 then he had?
8. In 1 hour a boat goes 22 km along the stream and 10 km against it. find boat speed in stream water.
9. In a 500 meter race, A reaches the final point In 28 second & B reaches in 35 seconds, By how much distance does A beat B?
10. An outlet pipe can empty a cistern in 6hour. In what time will the pipe empty the two-third part of the cistern?
11. The difference between 2 digit number & number obtained by interchanging the 2 digits is 36, what is the difference between 2 numbers?
12. Neha & Sneha started a business in partnership by investing 6000 & 8000, After 9 months Sneha left, then what ratio of profit?
13. 180m long train is running at 74kmph. how much time will it take to cross a platform of 120m long?
14. The sides of a rectangle are in the ratio of 6:5 and its area is 1331 sq.m, find the perimeter of the rectangle.
15. A hall is 25m long and 22m broad, If the sum of the area of the floor and the ceiling is equal to the sum of areas of four walls, the volume of the hall is;
16. 50 men took a dip in a water tank 40m long & 20m broad on a religious day. If the average displacement of water by a man is 4m3 then rise water level in the tank?
17. If A is substituted by 4, B by 3, C by 2, D by 4, E by 3, F by 2 and so on, then what will be total of the numerical values of the letters of the word ‘METICULOUS’?
18. Riddle Two fathers and two sons sat down to eat apple for breakfast. They ate exactly three apple, each person had an apple. The riddle is for you to explain how
19. Puzzle : Sequence of numbers Sequence of numbers are 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221. What will be the next one in the above sequence?
20. Which word does NOT belong with the others?
21. Which word is the odd man out?
There is a sentence of which some parts are jumbled up. Rearrange these parts which are labelled A,B,C and D to produce the correct sentence . choose the proper sequence. A French Woman…A.committed suicide B.where she had put up C.who had come to Calcutta D.by jumping from the first floor balcony of the hotel
23. If ‘-‘ stands for ‘x’, ’x’ stands for ‘+’, ‘+’stands for ‘÷’ and ‘÷’ stands for ‘-‘,then what is the value of 9÷18x20+2-6x12 ?
24. If 5@6=61 and 8@10=164,then 7@9=?
25. Snake: Fang : : Bee: ?
26. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘D’.
27. Looking at the portrait of a man, Harsh said, "His mother is the wife of my father's son. I have no brothers or sisters." At whose portrait was Harsh was looking ?
28. Nitin ranks 18th in a class of 49 students. What is rank from the last?
29. P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W are sitting round the circle and are facing the centre: P is second to the right of T who is the neighbour of R and V. S is not the neighbour of P. V is the neighbour of U. is not between S and W. W is not between U and S. Then Who is sitting opposite to U ?
30.Synonyms of FEEBLE
31.Antonyms of CONCEDE
32. Spelling test - find correct spelling
33. Direction: In the following questions, a sentence has been given wherein a word/ group of words has been italicised. Some alternatives are suggested for the italicised words/ group of words which improves the sentences. In case no improvement is needed in the sentence, your answer is ‘No improvement’ or ‘No correction required.’
A) Kalidas is the greatest of all other dramatists.
B) My mother is ill since two months.
34. Directions—Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C) and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and ‘No correction is required.’ mark (E) as the answer.
A) Each of the loan must be approved by the Branch Manager—
B) He has asked for the names of those employees involved in the project.
35. Directions— In each of the following sentences there are two blank spaces. Below each five pairs of words have been denoted by letters (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1. A committee has been…………..to…………..the transformation of the city into an International finance centre.
2. Keeping in mind the…………..to develop the sector the government has…………..solicited foreign investment.
3. Although he puts in…………..of overtime and takes few holidays, he………… cannot support his family.